Monday 28 June 2010

Post 3 and 3A

Skills Table
As a group we had to create a table with the range of different skills we used when creating our main task and prelim. The video shows us identifying Digital Technology, Research and Planning, Post Production and Conventions within Cognitive Skills, Technical Skills and Interpersonal Skills. As we compared our results as a group we established that the majority of the points linked together successfully and identifying them individually was seen to be harder than we anticipated. As a group we created a table demonstrating the variety of skills we have and can reinforce through our project. After creating the table we recorded over the image with us speaking, emphasising on each point. This enabled us to give examples and reinforces the ways in which we applied them through A S Media Studies.


The video presented above shows us develop upon the points presented and apply to how we reinforced this knowledge within the projects completed during A S studies and previous lessons.

5 "SMART" Targets
Within the next approaching academic year I wish to develop my knowledge furthermore in order for me to create a project to the best of my ability. To do this I have created 5 SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, time based) targets.


1. My first, most important target would be to improve my capability to know when there is a jump cut during the filming of our project. To do this I will need to pay specific attention when designing my Technical Reece, as well as this I will need to ensure I check the position of the camera constantly throughout the filming.

2. Post production work plays a vital part in the success of the final project. In order for me to achieve a project to meet the criteria for the task, specific well thought out detail in editing is needed. Within editing I would like to improve my ability to over lap our music to the footage. At the beginning of our Main Task last year I found this extremely difficult. To do this I will need to have more involvement within the technical editing than I did last year.

3. When organising the Pre production work I would like to improve my drawing skills when creating the story boards. To improve this I will need to practice drawing from a variety of shots to enable my storyboards this year to be the best of my capability.

4. During the Main task and Prelim task last year, there was an obvious problem within the interpersonal skills of the group. This year it would benefit us all on a whole if we were to have more structured group discussions with everyone comparing their research, this would be to the advantage of the group as a whole and will allow us to share the variety of skills we have.


5. My final target would be to organise the filming dates more efficiently. Last year we left this too late and didn’t necessarily get the specific dates we hoped for. This gave us the problem that the actors we did use couldn’t make all of the structured dates. Within the Task set this year I would like to organise the dates more successfully. This reinforce the interpersonal skills and ensure that everyone in the group can attend so filming will be completed sooner, giving us more time for the final stage of editing at the end.

20th October 2010
It appears that I am on track, but haven’t yet achieved in meeting my main targets for my main task and post production work. During my own independent study I have been refreshing my memory upon all the post-production work we done last year, as well as practicing my drawing capability of the various shots and shot angles. When it comes to post-production work and the initial filming, I haven’t as of yet been able to meet my targets as we haven’t been designated specific groups nor started our work. I believe that due to my organisation and pre-production work that I will be able to meet all of my targets and plan to complete more.

3 comments:

  1. These are very good targets. Make sure you reflect upon them as you achieve them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Can you be a little more visual in the target bit?

    ReplyDelete